Rachel’s Development Programme is a National NGO working in Gatundu North, Gatundu South, Ruiru, & Thika District, Kiambu County in provision of free basic health facilities with a special emphasis on health and sustainable development. The organization was registered in July 2003 under the NGO Act with an aim of poverty alleviation, health, and food security.
The organization sits on a 10acres of land with River Karimeno on the bottom overlooking coffee plantations. It is located on a Highway which is accessible to many people from various locations.
The organization has wide experience in the provision of medical services having held many free medical camps in collaboration with Ministry of Health. Rachels Development Programme has premises that can be used as a hospital.
We practice Agri-Business and all fresh food comes from the farm, it has a very good environment which links Argo-Tourists to other farmers, organized groups, community and internship student.
To reach out and rescue the less fortunate children, like orphans, street children, abused children and children infected and affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic and reintegration back to the community after the environment where they are supposed to settle is sensitized and made better for their livelihood
- Provision of a homely environment to the neglected and vulnerable children in need.
- Education for life through formal training and informal in order to make them self-reliant.
- Promote their identity and personality to make them complete persons.
- Provision of love care and counseling.
- To re-integrate back to the community and take after care services.
- Empower their guardians in order for them to cater for their children when they leave Rachels’s children home from 18yrs and below.